Booking terms for LKAB’s Visitor Centre
General terms and conditions for bookings and cancellations
When you book a guided tour with Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center you will receive confirmation with a unique reservation number. This confirmation is your agreement/ticket with Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center and contains the products, times and terms and conditions you have agreed with Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center.
The minimum age to book/enter an agreement with Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center is 18 years.
Payment can be made by credit and/or debit card via our homepage, www.kirunalapland.se. We accept VISA, Mastercard and American Express among others.
Payment can also be made on location at Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center when making a booking.
Registered companies can also on agreement be invoiced. Invoices are due for payment 7 days before departure.
Preliminary bookings may not be made via the website. To confirm your booking, you must give your card details when making the booking. This means that the whole amount will be charged to your credit or debit card at the time of the purchase.
Cancellations can be made at no charge up to three days before departure for regular tours and up to fourteen days before departure for private tours or group bookings with more than 15 people on a regular tour. For cancellations later than this, 100% of the total amount of the booking will be charged.
Changes to the booking
Bookings may be changed at no charge up to three days before departure for regular tours and up to seven days before departure for private tours. To change your booking contact Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +46 980 188 80. For changes later than this, 100% of the total amount of the booking will be charged.
Cancellation due to serious illness/unforeseen events
Cancellations can be made outside the applicable cancellation rules if there are unforeseen events. This means that you can have up to 100% of the total amount refunded if you comply with the terms and conditions. Unforeseen events are:
• Death, illness or serious accident affecting you, your fellow passenger, husband/wife, live-in partner, or your or your partner’s parents, children or siblings.
• Other serious event outside your control, e.g., major fire or flooding of your home, when it is not reasonable to expect you to carry out your trip.
You must be able to prove your impediment with a certificate from a doctor, authority or insurance company. A doctor’s certificate shall include diagnosis, date of first visit to the doctor and the reason the doctor advises against travel. There shall have been contact with the issuer of the certificate before the trip should have started.
For a refund to be paid, the reason for the cancellation generally needs to be unforeseen, unexpected and of such a nature that you cannot reasonably carry out the trip. This means, for example, that lacking the necessary travel documents such as a passport, visa or similar before travel is not a valid reason for cancellation.
As the organiser, we undertake to ensure:
• You receive written confirmation of your booking.
• You receive documents and information in good time.
• Purchased services meet the description.
• You are informed of important changes affecting your booking.
• You are responsible for checking your booking confirmation as soon as you receive it. Any errors must be pointed out immediately. Promises of importance to you made by the booking staff must be noted in the confirmation if they are to be cited.
• You shall check your email and be available on the phone number you gave at the time of booking.
• You must comply with the rules and regulations.
• If you have any complaints regarding any of the tours, you must contact Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center immediately so that any uncertainties may be resolved during the visit.
• At the time of booking, you must state whether you suffer from any kind of physical or other disability, or food allergies. We ask you to be clear and specify your needs. Please contact Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center for more information.
• Alcohol/being under the influence of alcohol is prohibited. Persons under the influence of alcohol will be denied entrance. Tickets will not be refunded.
• Meeting point at Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center. You need to arrive 15 minutes before stated departure time, otherwise your ticket will be sold on and no compensation or refund will be paid. It is NOT possible to join the tour after the stated departure time.
• By paying, you agree, according to the Personal Data Act, to your personal details being processed by Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center for the purpose of normal guest administration and to ensure that Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center has access to reliable personal documentation in the event of an accident.
LKAB’s Visitor Centre
• LKAB’s Visitor Centre is located at a level of 540 m in Kirunavaara. Transport to and from LKAB’s Visitor Centre /Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center will be by coach. Transport is included in the price.
• As LKAB’s Visitor Centre is located in an active mine, LKAB has the right, at short notice, to cancel/delay tours due to activity. Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center therefore does not take responsibility for delayed/cancelled tours, though the ticket will be refunded in full. No other compensation is payable.
• The temperature in LKAB’s Visitor Centre is +8 to +12º C. Bring a long-sleeved top and trousers. No special clothing or boots are required. All visitors will be provided with a helmet during their visit.
• Toilets are available during most of the tour.
• Disabled persons are asked to contact Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center for more information.
For safety reasons it is
• prohibited to leave the group during the guided tour,
• very important to comply with all LKAB’s safety regulations, which are given by the guide,
• not permitted to join a tour on which you do not understand the language.
• not permitted for children under the age of six to take part in the tour.
Failure to comply with the above, may lead to the person(s) being denied participation on the tour or immediate dismissal from the tour and transport back to Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center.
As LKAB’s Visitor Centre is located in an active mine, LKAB has the right, at short notice, to cancel/delay tours due to activity. Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center therefore does not take responsibility for delayed/cancelled tours, though the ticket will be refunded in full. No other compensation is payable.
Kiruna Lappland and LKAB closely follow the development of Covid-19 and we adhere to the authorities’ recommendations. As these change continuously, it also means that tours to the mine can change and be limited. Such changes can involve, but is not limited to, a change in the maximum number, price, time of departure, etc. If the trip changes in such a way that you no longer want to keep your booking, you will receive a full refund.
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact email@example.com or 0980-188 80.