Nightly Aurora Photo Tour in Abisko National Park
Join one of Lights Over Lapland’s professional photographers for an opportunity to see and photograph the aurora borealis in the wilderness of Abisko National Park. Due to clear skies and virtually no light pollution Abisko is one of the greatest places in the world to see the northern lights. We will provide you with a high quality camera & lens and quickly teach you the skills that you will need to find and photograph the magical aurora borealis. Even if you have never used a camera before you have an extremely high chance of going home with beautiful aurora photographs and memories that will last a lifetime! Small groups ensure a very personal and genuine experience.
No previous experience required!
Date & Time
26/11 – 26/3
Every night 8pm – 11.30pm
Tours must be booked in advance.
– Warm overalls (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
– Warm drink
– Warm clothes to wear underneath the overall
– SD memory card with at least 2-4 GB storage. (8 GB memory cards can be purchased from the guide for 250 SEK).
Meeting and ending point
– Meeting 8pm in the lobby at STF Abisko Mountain Station
– Conclusion approximately 11.30pm
A package with round trip transportation from Kiruna and a 3-course dinner in Abisko is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 2750 SEK/person.